- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Is New Labour either?
- Essay length: 3569 words
- Submitted: 11/07/2002
The first 200 words of this essay...
Is New Labour either?
Since 1997 a new age commenced in British politics, the age of the New Labour Party. After 18 years of shadow cabinet and four lost elections, the Labour Party is again back in power of the British politics and more impressive than ever before. The re-election of the Labour in 2001 and in particular the myth about the inner-party and political renewal caused numerous discussions and terms like 'New (Labour)' and 'the Third Way' came into the forefront.
What exactly is New Labour? Is it only an inexpressible ideology or is there more at the bottom of the term 'the Third Way'? This and a few further questions I will be concentrated on in the course of this essay. But, above all I would like to contemplate both the political and party renewal in the course of time and the Third Way movement all over the world.
'The Labour Party is a democratic socialist party. It believes that by the strength of our common endeavour we achieve more than we achieve alone, so as to create for each of us the means to realise our true potential and for all of us
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Political Philosophy (view all)
- 'The history of socialism had been marked by a retreat from ...
- Nigeria Country Study
- 'Aristotle's theory of the four causes is convincing' Discus...
- "Trait theory is better at describing than explaining p...
- Ethos, Pathos & Logos in Dr. Martin Luther King's "...
- Is socialism a relevant ideology in 2012?
- Why has the concept of humanitarian intervention provoked so...
- Explain the Impact of Globalisation
- Nationalism is inherently expansionist and destructive - dis...
- Evaluate The Circumstances In Which Pluralism Will Develop
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.