- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Is the coalition government the greenest party ever?
The first 200 words of this essay...
Is the coalition government the greenest party ever? (45)
Historically the environment have not been a voter winner or a loser, however due to the rising concerns about global warming people are giving more attention to the issue. This has meant that parties have had to take more care on the issue to win votes. In 2010 the coalition government was formed between the liberal democrats and the conservative party. After winning the election both the energy and climate change minster and the prime minster have declared that their government would be the greenest government ever. Over the past two years the government tried to keep their promises by a number of ways, however there are some issue which makes them less green. This essay would look some arguments suggesting they have been green and some against to assess the fact whether they have been the greenest party ever.
One reason which suggests that the coalition government have been green is that they have cancelled planes for the expansion of Heathrow airport. Currently Heathrow generates 50% of UK aviation emissions which make 6% of total emissions. If a third runway were to be build Heathrow's contribution to
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
United Kingdom (view all)
- Identify and discuss the ways in which people participate i...
- How effective is the British Constitution in protecting the ...
- Does the UK have a Prime Ministerial government?
- How might the House of Lords be reformed to make it more eff...
- The reform of the British Constitution remains an unfinished...
- The UK Constitution is no longer fit for purpose. Discuss
- How effective are backbencher MPs?
- Should referendums be more widely spread across the UK?
- There is no such thing as a perfect electoral system Discuss...
- To what extent can the Prime Minister control the cabinet?
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.