- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Is war Inevitable?
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Politics and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
What is war? Many people think of it as fighting for something and others think of it as a struggle. War is defined in the Oxford English Dictionary as a quarrel usually between nations conducted by force. In my opinion war is never going to end, it is inevitable. If war comes to an end it will be from failure of human wisdom. As far as we know, war has always been part of our human history, and it probably occurred from time to time, in one form or another, even throughout our prehistory, that is, for as far back as humans existed. Why do people have war? My answer is so that they can accomplish political objectives, such as to move borders or move them back to acquire land or get it back, to acquire resources or get them back. Also they may join a war to protect an ally. I feel countries get involved in war for benefit for themselves. The reason why wars start is the exact same thing: where countries want other countries land, or resources. Or perhaps another country's government wronged them. There are also wars of religion. Then there are civil wars, usually occurring
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Political Philosophy (view all)
- Are Judges Politicians In Disguise?
- A Study of Carl Rogers' Theory of Personality
- Compare and Contrast Positive and Negative Conceptions of Li...
- how similar is David Cameron to Margaret thatcher?
- How Similar was Thatcherism To Traditional Conservatism?
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.