- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
"The core of the Arab-Israel Conflict is territorial, it's all about land." How far do you agree with this statement? Explain your answer.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Eugenia Toh (6) S410, Cluster A 1081 Words Question 2
"The core of the Arab-Israel Conflict is territorial, it's all about land." How far do you agree with this statement? Explain this answer.
I agree with the statement to a large extent. The core of the Arab-Israel Conflict is indeed a tormenting struggle over land; however, there are also other contributing complexities such as religion, namely, that played an ample role in its escalation.
It is obvious that what both parties have in common is what lies at the heart of the conflict. The complications arise because both actors have long-term, historical ties to the disputed land that neither side is willing to abnegate. Although there are constantly copious issues arising throughout the lifespan of the conflict, the debates fundamentally boil down to who possesses the claimed right to the Holy Land, which would result in the control of Jerusalem.
The battle for sovereignty over the city and the status of the holy place is contested formerly by two national groups, the latter by three religions. The complexity of the issue is the result of three factors: the city is holy for
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Middle east (view all)
- US-IRAN RELATIONS AND ANALYSING MUSHARRAF
- Radovan Karadzic MUN Position paper
- What are the main differences between the beliefs of Palesti...
- Assignment Two: The Arab Israeli Conflict Question One:What ...
- West Nile Virus Persuasive Essay
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student