- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The UK government has failed to meet the challenge of climate change Discuss
The first 200 words of this essay...
'The UK government has failed to meet the challenge of climate change' Discuss
Overwhelming scientific evidence shows that there have been changes in the global climate since the early 1900s, and that these climate changes, and future climate change predicted over the next century, are largely due to human activities and excessive greenhouse gas emissions, which are warming up the Earth. This is climate change is also known as global warming. This is a highly politically relevant issue because it has sparked interest of the public globally and therefore interest of the politicians all over the world. In the UK most environmental targets are set by the EU, due to the fact that 27 countries can make more of an impact than one country can in terms of climate change. However many people argue that The UK government have failed to meet the challenge of climate change because it tends to put the economic needs at the expense of the environment, this is reflected by the current environmental secretary who said money cannot be spent on environmental policies when the nation is at a risk of economical crisis.
It could be argued that the government has
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
United Kingdom (view all)
- Identify and discuss the ways in which people participate i...
- How effective is the British Constitution in protecting the ...
- How might the House of Lords be reformed to make it more eff...
- To what extent does democracy in the UK need reform?
- To what extent does the UK have a two-party system?
- How Effective Is Parliament At Controlling And Influencing T...
- Explain the arguments in favour of lowering the voting age
- How powerful is the Prime Minister?
- The UK Constitution is no longer fit for purpose. Discuss
- How effective are backbencher MPs?
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.