- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
This essay is going to give a general introduction of party systems first, then address the US and UK party systems from several aspects respectively, finally compare
The first 200 words of this essay...
The main purpose of this essay is to talk about party systems in the United States and the United Kingdom. This essay is going to give a general introduction of party systems first, then address the US and UK party systems from several aspects respectively, finally compare and contrast these two party systems. Therefore, a conclusion can be drawn which is that the system in UK is a strictly disciplined multi-party system while the one in US is less disciplined and a distinct two-party system.
Party system is the interaction between different parties. Parties operate within party systems and are affected by different party systems.1 There are three types of party systems, the first one is the dominant party system, where there is only a single party in a country and it always operates in government, such as Japan. A two-party system is the one where two parties always compete against each other for power and the US is a good example of this system type. The last type is the multi-party system, which is very popular in the Europe, with competition from more than two parties.2
As mentioned in the paragraph above, US has a
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Political Philosophy (view all)
- An essay on David Ricardo's Major Contribution to Economics
- Power and Politics in Organizations: Public and Private Sect...
- What are the advantages of utilitarianism? Identify the main...
- How have political sociologist understood globalization? Gl...
- Advantages and disadvantages of utilitarianism
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.