- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
What are the advantages and disadvantages of an unwritten Constitution?
The first 200 words of this essay...
What are the advantages and disadvantages of a unwritten Constitution?
A constitution is a set of rules, which are generally written, it identifies the relationship between the different parts of the government, and also the relationship between the government and the citizens. In most countries the constitution is the ultimate source of legal power. Whether written or not written they will both share similarities, this being the identification of powers such as the executive, and the legislature. However it would be wrong to say that they are identical, apart from the most obvious difference under the surface this main difference has many effects, in particular the unwritten constitution.
With particular reference to the unwritten constitution, at present there are only three countries with no formally written constitution, Britain, Israel and New Zealand. All of which share the advantages and disadvantages.
The first advantage is that in relation to flexibility. By having no written constitution it allows a degree of flexibility, which unlike the American Constitution is not limiting due to its rigidity. This is particularly advantageous in keeping the constitution up-to-date, it has the ability of political change and development. Unlike a written constitution,
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
United States (view all)
- "Supreme Court Appointments are always controversial&qu...
- "The Main Difference Between the UK And US Constitution...
- Checks and Balances in the US system
- To what extent is a president to control the Federal Bureauc...
- Why was Bill Clinton able to win the Presidential elections ...
- Assess the significance of federalism in the U.S.A
- Consider the importance of invisible primaries in US Presid...
- "Despite several attempts to regulate campaign finance,...
- Critically analyse the appointment and confirmation process ...
- There Are No Effective Checks On Presidential Power. Discuss
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.