- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
A THEMATIC ANALYSIS ON LIFESPAN DEVELOPMENTWITH REAL LIFE EXPERIENCES OF A COUPLE
The first 200 words of this essay...
A THEMATIC ANALYSIS ON LIFESPAN DEVELOPMENT
WITH REAL LIFE EXPERIENCES OF A COUPLE
The aim of this research is to explore a married couple's real life experiences and the possible influences that affect their life development. A qualitative thematic analysis was carried out on pre-existing material of three semi-structured interviews and a video. Two main themes were identified : Various Influences and Changeable. This analysis showed support for some research done regarding Erikson's development stages, Peck's contribution on later life, developmental contextualism and Bronfenbrenner's theory. The findings suggest that life development is multi-facet. A reflexive analysis reviews some limitation on this analysis and recommendations are also made.
Lifespan development is the one among different psychological perspectives. Psychologists are of different views on human development. Some of them split human development into different stages, some of them focus on the people's later development, some are optimistic but some not, and some opined that our development are deterministic but also some do not think so.
Erik Erikson has developed a theory named as Psychosocial in which he stated that there would be eight development stages from birth to later adulthood within our life. (Cooper & Roth, 2002).
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Developmental Psychology (view all)
- An investigation of self-descriptions based on data collecte...
- Outline and evaluate psychological explanations of schizophr...
- What have been the major challenges to Piaget's theory of co...
- Explain the principal psychological perspectives as applied ...
- Work Experience.
- Outline and evaluate research into cross-cultural variations...
- Outline one cross-cultural study into the development of per...
- Psychology Controversy essay, Nature Vs Nurture PY4
- Self Concept - With Positive and Negative Examples
- Outline & Evaluate Research Into Attachment
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.