- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Book Review of Stephen Kings 'It'.
The first 200 words of this essay...
STEPHEN KING'S BEST SELLER, IT
Another long book of Stephen Kings', and widely acclaimed as one of King's best.
The book is set in two time periods - one in 1958, and one in 1985. Both time frames have the same main characters - 7 children/adults and IT. Also, the book is set in Derry (Maine), for most of both periods. Derry has a bleak history - its murder rate is higher than it should be.
The children meet up in the summer of '58, forming the Loser's Club. A wave of freak murders hits Derry, and each of the children has a supernatural encounter with what turns out to be the killer - IT. IT usually manifests itself as a clown, lures its victim into a private place, and murders them. IT usually kills children, as it relies on their imaginations it usually lures the children with a colourful balloon.
All of the children survive their first encounters with IT, but are reticent to tell any adults because of course, the adults wouldn't believe that a killer imaginary clown is on the loose. They do have the courage to tell each other though, and gradually
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Developmental Psychology (view all)
- An investigation of self-descriptions based on data collecte...
- Outline and evaluate psychological explanations of schizophr...
- What have been the major challenges to Piaget's theory of co...
- Describe Five Different Types of Families
- Developmental Psychology. This assignment shall begin by de...
- Outline and evaluate research into cross-cultural variations...
- Outline one cross-cultural study into the development of per...
- Psychology Controversy essay, Nature Vs Nurture PY4
- Self Concept - With Positive and Negative Examples
- Outline & Evaluate Research Into Attachment
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.