- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Child Psychology Questions
The first 200 words of this essay...
a) Outline the behaviour of a securely attached child during the Strange Situation procedure (3)
During the strange situation procedure, the child is left in the observation room with either the primary care giver or a stranger, with the observer looking on. A securely attached child will use the care giver as a secure base for exploring the room and playing with toys. However, when the care giver leaves the room, the child will most likely protest and cry, but can be easily comforted. The child will generally prefer the care giver to the stranger, and may be slightly less keen to explore their surroundings with the stranger present.
b) Evaluate the Strange Situation as a procedure to measure attachment type (4)
The strange situation, as an observation, may be subject to observer bias; since the observer knows the type of behaviour they are looking for and may be influenced by this when taking notes. The procedure also lacks ecological validity, since the child is not being observed in their normal surroundings, and there could be ethical issues with causing unnecessary distress to children by removing the care giver and
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
The Psychology of Individual Differences (view all)
- Define different theoretical perspectives used in counsellin...
- Describe the value of the humanistic approach to health and ...
- Compare 2 models of abnormal behaviour in terms of their vie...
- Discuss issues surrounding the classification and diagnosis ...
- Compare and Contrast Any Two Theories of Personality
- Accurately describe the four definitions of abnormality we h...
- EVALUATE THE MEDICAL MODEL AND THE BEHAVIOURAL MODEL OF ABNO...
- Discuss psychological therapies for obsessive compulsive dis...
- Discuss the behavioural approach to explaining psychological...
- Case Study for psychology. The boy who couldnt stop washing
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.