- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Describe Five Different Types of Families
The first 200 words of this essay...
Many different types of groups exist in today's world. Every religion, culture, beliefs, teams are groups. The most common, sacred and oldest group of them all is "The Family". Families are found everywhere in the world and are known everywhere in the world from Christian to Islamic beliefs.
Families have several different types. The five main types of families are nuclear families, extended families, single-parent families, reconstituted families and childless families.
The nuclear family
The nuclear family is the most basic type of family portrayed by media as a happy family living in total harmony. This is the family that God first envisioned. It consists of two parents living with "one or more children in the same house". Nuclear families are not only basic but, very common in The Bahamas. One child living with two parents is also common. Some may refer to the child as an 'only child' (no siblings). A nuclear family is seen as an 'ideal family' many advertisers use nuclear families to symbolize many things in the media. You will always see two parents hugging one or more of their children, all smiling. They may be seen
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Developmental Psychology (view all)
- The five major perspectives in Psychology and their main str...
- Compare and contrast two of the main approaches to personali...
- What have been the major challenges to Piaget's theory of co...
- Bowlby's Attachment Theory
- How current provision and practice is influenced by the work...
- Outline and evaluate Piagets theory of cognitive development...
- Sibling Rivalry
- Introduction to Psychology
- Jean Piaget and his revolutionary approach to understanding ...
- AQA A2 Psychology Unit 3 Relationships: Influence of Childho...
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.