- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
English Oral Speech Against Child Labour
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Developmental Psychology and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Child labour-English Speech
Who really makes your clothes? Of course we all love a good shop-most of your pocket money probably goes on the latest high street labels. But although that top you bought last weekend might look good hanging on your wardrobe, would you be so chuffed if you knew who made it?
Maybe you have to empty the dishwasher, tidy the house or wash your folks car for your pocket money. But imagine having to work for 12 hours a day-without any kind of a break- in a dusty, dirty factory for only a few pence. That's the reality for some young people who are at the beginning of a chain that eventually ends with your clothes hitting the high street.
If you didn't go to school it would be really weird because it's what you're used to. All of your friends go and your parents did too-its normal. In Britain it's what's expected, and until you're 16 it's the law. But in poorer countries; starting work as young as 5 years old has become normal too. Young people end up working in factories for as little as 40p a day. The reason why
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Developmental Psychology (view all)
- How does the media influence young people in today’...
- Compare biological and psychological explanations of gender ...
- The five major perspectives in Psychology and their main str...
- Outline and evaluate psychological explanations of schizophr...
- Outline and evaluate research into the effects of deprivatio...
- Outline and evaluate research into cross-cultural variations...
- Outline one cross-cultural study into the development of per...
- Psychology Controversy essay, Nature Vs Nurture PY4
- Self Concept - With Positive and Negative Examples
- Outline & Evaluate Research Into Attachment
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.