- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Farrington's Theory of Delinquent Development is highly applicable to criminology today. As theories within the social sciences become more and more advanced they
- Essay length: 3407 words
- Submitted: 17/10/2006
The first 200 words of this essay...
ASSIGNMENT 02: Farrington's theory of delinquent development suggests that life experiences influence behaviour choices. Explain this life course theory within the context of developmental theories.
SUBJECT CODE: HCRFUN-G
COURSE: CRIMINOLOGY HONOURS
SUBJECT: FUNDAMENTAL CRIMINOLOGY
STUDENT NUMBER: 35425717
STUDENT NAME: MEGAN DAVEY
DUE DATE: 31 AUGUST 2006
Table of Contents
1. INTRODUCTION 1
2. KEY CONCEPTS 2
2.1 Developmental Theories 2
2.2 Life Course Theory 2
2.3 Antisocial Development 3
2.4 Criminal Career 3
3. FARRINGTON'sS THEORY OF DELINQUENT DEVELOPMENT 4
3.1 Biological Influences 5
3.2 Family Factors 6
3.2.1 Parenting 7
3.2.2 Child Abuse 8
3.2.3 Social Deprivation and Socio-economic Status 9
3.3 Psychological Predictors 9
3.4 Peer Group Influences 10
3.5 Social, School and Community Factors 11
4. SUMMARY 13
5. CONCLUSION 13
Crime and delinquency is often best understood from an integrative approach. One of the most comprehensive life course theories is Farrington's Integrative Theory which highlights the crucial needs to address "individual,
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Developmental Psychology (view all)
- An investigation of self-descriptions based on data collecte...
- Outline and evaluate psychological explanations of schizophr...
- What have been the major challenges to Piaget's theory of co...
- Explain the principal psychological perspectives as applied ...
- Work Experience.
- Outline and evaluate research into cross-cultural variations...
- Outline one cross-cultural study into the development of per...
- Psychology Controversy essay, Nature Vs Nurture PY4
- Self Concept - With Positive and Negative Examples
- Outline & Evaluate Research Into Attachment
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.