- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
importance of nursery rhymes - child psychology
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Developmental Psychology and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
One, two, three, four, five, once I caught a fish alive. Six, seven, eight, nine, ten then I let it go again. Why did you let it go? Because it bit my finger so! Which finger did it bite? This little finger on my right!!
I have chosen the above children's nursery rhyme as I believe children can learn a lot from this nursery rhyme and there are many benefits to children learning this rhyme from a young age.
Firstly, and probably most obvious reason why this rhyme is educational for children, is that it teaches the first ten numbers of the number spectrum, these ten numbers build the whole foundations of the rest of the maths learning. Signing songs such as, one, two, three, four, five can be the easiest way to remember the order in which the numbers come to toddlers and young children.
A nursery rhyme like this can also be used with actions. For a child to be able to sing the words and do the actions at the right times the child needs to be able to concentrate and follow the actions of an adult or older child.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Developmental Psychology (view all)
- The five major perspectives in Psychology and their main str...
- What have been the major challenges to Piaget's theory of co...
- CHILD ABUSE, CHILDHOOD & HISTORY
- How current provision and practice is influenced by the work...
- MENTORSHIP ASSESSING
- Outline and evaluate research into cross-cultural variations...
- Outline one cross-cultural study into the development of per...
- Psychology Controversy essay, Nature Vs Nurture PY4
- Self Concept - With Positive and Negative Examples
- Outline & Evaluate Research Into Attachment
""Zoey. University Student.
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.