- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
On the surface it was just like any other hot August day in Nashville, but for me it was a day with mercurial-like emotions ranging from the high of the excitement about my son's departure, to a mid-level of nostalgia and memories, and finally to a low of sadness and emptiness.
My first born, my son, having reached 18 years of age was leaving home. He was going to college. This particular morning Todd was very much on my mind as I arose early to help him get packed and ready to go. I was not expecting this to be an overly emotional day, yet the memories overwhelmed me.
I remembered the first day his mother and I dropped him off at kindergarten and how we too felt strange and overly concerned and sad; I remembered his Bar Mitzvah when he stood before his family, friends, and community at the tender age of thirteen and recited with perfection his portion of our Holy Scripture, thereby entering Jewish adulthood. Then too, I noted a lump in my throat and a tug at my heart.
I remembered the times we spent alone and
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Developmental Psychology (view all)
- Describe processes for initiating, maintaining, developing a...
- Explain the principal psychological perspectives as applied ...
- Outline and evaluate different types of attachment
- Describe the main theoretical models of child abuse.(
- Discuss the effects of parenting style on children's develop...
- Outline and evaluate research into cross-cultural variations...
- Outline one cross-cultural study into the development of per...
- Psychology Controversy essay, Nature Vs Nurture PY4
- Self Concept - With Positive and Negative Examples
- Outline & Evaluate Research Into Attachment
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo