- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Pro and Anti Social Behaviour
- Essay length: 8935 words
- Submitted: 11/02/2009
The first 200 words of this essay...
Pro- and Anti-Social Behaviour
a) Nature and causes of aggression
a) Outline two psychological theories of aggression (12 marks)
b) Evaluate two theories of aggression that you outlined in part a) in terms of relevant research studies (12 marks)
a) Outline and evaluate two psychological theories of aggression (24 marks)
Aggression is an example of anti-social behaviour. It has been defined as 'any form of behaviour directed towards the goal of harming or injuring another living being who is motivated to avoid such harm'.
Social Psychological theories of aggression
These explain aggression as a result of social interactions
Social Learning Theory (SLT)
One of the most influential theories of aggression is the Social Learning theory put forward by Bandura (1973).
The nature of the theory suggests human aggression is learned either through direct experience or by observing aggressive behaviour in other people i.e. indirect experience.
Bandura produced two assumptions in relation to the social learning theory.
He stated that if a child acts aggressively against another child and as a result gets what they want, their aggressive behaviour has been
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Social Psychology (view all)
- Is Psychology a Science?
- Describe and assess the evidence that socialisation plays a ...
- Outline and evaluate deviation in social norms as a means to...
- Using research evidence, explain conformity and obedience
- Critically evaluate whether Milgrams research on obedience w...
- Psychology AQA: Discuss one or more social psychological exp...
- Discuss research into conformity - notes on Jenness, Asch , ...
- Outline ways in which psychologists have dealt with ethical ...
- Milgram, Hoffling and Zimbardo. Critically Consider the Psy...
- Outline and evaluate 2 theories of relationship formation
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.