- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Psychology Approaches. Discuss similarities and differences between Comparative Psychology and Biology Psychology
The first 200 words of this essay...
Approaches to Psychology
--Discuss similarities and differences between Comparative Psychology and Biology Psychology
The essay will begin with an introduction to each approach, giving main assumptions and supporting evidence. Following this, the two theories will be compared and contrasted, looking at strengths and weaknesses. In conclusion there will be a short explanation of the main areas of similarity, and differences
Psychology and its many definitions has changed radically and frequently over time, as an independent area of study. There are many different theoretical views, some conflicting, regarding the most appropriate methods for investigating human nature. The approaches chosen to discuss in this essay are biology psychology and comparative psychology.
Biopsychology is the scientific study of the biology of behaviour.Some refer to this field as psychobiology,behavioural biology,behavioural neuroscience.It is an integrative discipline. The study of the biology of behaviour has a long history,but biopsychology did not coalesce into a major neuroscientific discipline until this century.Biopsychologists draw together knowledge from the other neuroscientific disciplines and apply it to the study of behaviour. Biopsychologists are neuroscientists who brings to their research a knowledge of behaviour and the methods of behavioural research.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
The Psychology of Individual Differences (view all)
- Describe and evaluate the Cognitive Approach
- Discuss two or more biological therapies for schizophrenia
- Define different theoretical perspectives used in counsellin...
- Describe the value of the humanistic approach to health and ...
- Compare 2 models of abnormal behaviour in terms of their vie...
- Accurately describe the four definitions of abnormality we h...
- EVALUATE THE MEDICAL MODEL AND THE BEHAVIOURAL MODEL OF ABNO...
- Discuss psychological therapies for obsessive compulsive dis...
- Discuss the behavioural approach to explaining psychological...
- Case Study for psychology. The boy who couldnt stop washing
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.