- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The Memory Process. This paper will describe a memory test using numbers, letters, and words and analyze results of the test, as well as explain the concepts of working memory, short term memory, and long term memory.
The first 200 words of this essay...
The Memory Process
Encoding data into the mind is the general process of memory. In other words, memory is the capability to program, accumulate and remember things. The three central methods of memory are to encode, store, and recall. Three kinds of encoding are used to process information for storage. The first is to hear the information, which is called acoustic. The second is imagery or what is seen and the third is information that is meaningful known as semantic. Memory is ultimately held in storage until such time the information is needed and then it is recalled. This paper will describe a memory test using numbers, letters, and words and analyze results of the test, as well as explain the concepts of working memory, short term memory, and long term memory. It will also offer an explanation of encoding and retrieval in the memory process and how they relate to this memory test and the results. Lastly, this paper will evaluate variables connected to encoding information and ease of retrieval as they relate to this test and the results.
Concepts of Working Memory
The concept of working memory was developed as a progression and
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Cognitive Psychology (view all)
- The cognitive perspective in psychology is often used to exp...
- Outline & Evaluate the Cognitive Interview
- Outline and evaluate the research into eyewitness testimony.
- Investigate the effects of Imagery on Memory recall: Visual ...
- Describe and evaluate the Multi-store Model of memory.
- Explanations of disorders of memory PY4
- Research into memory and forgetting has found evidence that ...
- Alternatives to the multi store model of memory.
- Outline the cognitive explanation of depression
- Psychology Describe and Evaluate the mulitstore model of me...
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.