- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
World War One Sources Questions
The first 200 words of this essay...
Why did the British Government decide to evacuate children from Britain's major cities, in the early years of WW2?
On the 1st of September Britain declared war on Germany. This declaration started many fears and concerns for how people would live their lives, when they were surrounded by war. One of the main concerns was the safety, and the welfare of the children. The government started to evacuate children from London, Coventry, Southampton, Plymouth, and Liverpool. These concerns came because the Government feared that there would be heavy bombing on these major cities. This was because of the recent wars in Spain and the Far East, where towns and cities were attrociously bombed. The Government took precautions long before the war began.
The countryside was where it was thought to be safer, so plans were being made to evacuate vulnerable people into 'foster' homes.
Parents weren't so keen to send away they're loved ones, so government used propaganda such as leaflets, posters, and messages on the radio to make some parents realise how important evacuation was.
People who were fortunate enough to have family and friends who live
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Developmental Psychology (view all)
- Discuss the effects of parenting style on children's develop...
- Describe processes for initiating, maintaining, developing a...
- Challenging Behaviour
- Outline and evaluate the evolutionary theory of attachment.
- Describe Five Different Types of Families
- Outline and evaluate research into cross-cultural variations...
- Outline one cross-cultural study into the development of per...
- Psychology Controversy essay, Nature Vs Nurture PY4
- Self Concept - With Positive and Negative Examples
- Outline & Evaluate Research Into Attachment
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.