- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
“Christians should not take part in sporting events or go shopping on a Sunday”Do you agree, give reasons for your answer showing that you have thought about more than one point of view.
The first 200 words of this essay...
"Christians should not take part in sporting events or go shopping on a Sunday"
Do you agree, give reasons for your answer showing that you have thought about more than one point of view.
400 Words 8 marks
Christopher Fitzsimons 11Q
The commandment " Keep holy the Sabbath" Is very vague in what it says. The commandment tells us what to do, but where the problem lies is that it does not tell us how to do it. In today's society more so than at the time of Jesus, the commandment is open to interpretation. There is little doubt any more that Sunday is fast losing its holy day status. Some devout, orthodox Christians still live as people did at the time of Jesus with regard to the Sabbath and would fully agree that we should keep Sunday holy, refrain from all unnecessary work on the Sabbath, and that shopping stores should not open on a Sunday. However in modern day society it is accepted that to devote a full day to God is very difficult and something which is, sadly not very common anymore.
The majority of 21st century Christians would probably agree
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Judaism (view all)
- Explain why the Ten Commandments are central to Jewish life
- Covenantal Monotheism: A dissection of Jewish movements curr...
- Explain how Jewish people put their beliefs about Israel/Zio...
- Importance of Holocaust Today
- Jewish beliefs on life after death and Jewish Funerals
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.