- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Examine and Comment of Christian and Hindu Beliefs about Life After Death
The first 200 words of this essay...
Examine and comment on Christian and Hindu beliefs about life after death.
Death is the most fateful experience of each individual's life. Whether it is the end of one's life, or the beginning of a new life, no one knows. Death for the Hindu is merely transition, simultaneously an end to a new beginning. Death for the Christian is destined and is a time of judgement that is made from their former performances in life. These are very different views from two major world religions that both question the different events that may take place after one's death.
The Christian faith believes that the body is resurrected at death and the soul of an individual is immortal and continues after death. The doctrines of the church teach Christians that after one dies, they will rise before God and be judged. They believe that Christians who have been faithful throughout their life by worshipping Christ and helping other who are less fortunate. A quotation from Matthew 25: 31-46, 'One day we shall be called to account for the way we have used our gifts, our opportunities and our energies. Above all, we shall be required for the way
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Hinduism (view all)
- Problems that sikhs face practicing their religion in Britai...
- Religious beliefs.
- How Do Hindus View Suffering?
- Religion, Poverty and Wealth-Hinduism
- The role of the three Gunas in the Hindu vision of the Cosmo...
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student