- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
"Islam cannot be understood without reference to angels" Discuss The statement shows that an understanding of Islam would be incomplete without covering angels
The first 200 words of this essay...
"Islam cannot be understood without reference to angels" Discuss
The statement shows that an understanding of Islam would be incomplete without covering angels. This suggests that their role is far beyond seen in any other religion. I will be investigating the statement in more detail and finally deciding if it is a fair comment or is the role being overstated.
Angels are a specialised creation of Allah. In Arabic they are known as Malaikah. They are created from divine light (Nur) to perform specific functions. Angels do not have any gender. Allah did not give them any gender since the angels themselves are asexual and do not reproduce. However in the Qur'an, Archangels are referred to as "he" or "he is", because in Arabic the word for angel is a masculine noun. The angels are different from the human race in the way that they do not contain any of man's physical attributes (although they may appear in the shape of a man.) They do not sleep, procreate, eat or drink. Angels themselves do not possess free will, therefore they do not have any desires nor do they commit sins or misdeeds. They always obey Allah
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Islam (view all)
- Life after death - Islam and Christianity
- Ramadan is the ninth month of the Islamic calendar
- How far have the beliefs and practices of Pre-Islamic Arabia...
- In this essay I will be looking at the Muslim family. I will...
- Muslim views on wealth and poverty
- Muslims believe that the Quran is different from all other b...
- Believing in angels is the least important of the articles o...
- Islamic Faith and Culture - the problems Islam faces with th...
- Examine the challenges facing the Muslim community when it s...
- Cause and Effects of the Stoning in Islam. Islam is by far ...
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.