- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
"It is essential for Hinduism to reform but the most important issue was the nature of the reformation" Discuss this claim with reference to the activities and teachings of A) Ramakrishna and B) Daynanda Sarasvati.
The first 200 words of this essay...
"It is essential for Hinduism to reform but the most important issue was the nature of the reformation" Discuss this claim with reference to the activities and teachings of A) Ramakrishna and B) Daynanda Sarasvati
At a time where India was facing social, economical and political reform it was absolutely vital that Hindu religion and culture developed in a way that would not only preserve Hinduism but also withstand foreign religious and social criticism. Reform at this stage was inevitable but more important was the nature of this reform. The key aim was to enhance and preserve the development of Hinduism and so different people reacted to this in different ways depending on their faith and key ideas.
Ramakrishna focused on spiritual development and allowed a liberal view of God.
One main theme that was reinforced by Ramakrishna was his desire to "see in God in all". Ramakrishna believed that true self-realisation only came when everything was transformed into a manifestation of God. "I have now come to a stage of realization in which I see that God is walking in every human form and manifesting Himself alike through the sage and the sinner. God in
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Hinduism (view all)
- Describe Hindu belief in respect for all living creatures.
- The role of the three Gunas in the Hindu vision of the Cosmo...
- To What Extent Was Mohammad Ali Jinnah Responsible for The F...
- The concept of Atman
- Identify the characteristics beliefs and practises associate...
- Christianity and Hinduism seem to have profoundly different ...
- Ideas Central to Sikhism in Comparison to Hinduism and Islam
- What is the Role and Significance of Hindu Temples?
- Examine and Comment of Christian and Hindu Beliefs about Lif...
- Problems that sikhs face practicing their religion in Britai...
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.