- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Jewish beliefs on life after death and Jewish Funerals
The first 200 words of this essay...
Topic 4 GCSE Question
AO1 - Describe the Jewish beliefs about what happens to evil people after death.
Death as a general concept is a very difficult concept to come to grips with; it is one of the very few events that occur in modern life where we do not have primary sources to inform us.
The torah talks about "Every Jew having a portion in the world to come". So we have already established that even the most evil person amongst our ranks will live beside us in the world to come.
The problem in the above paragraph which is talked about a lot in Jewish teachings and literature is weather the evil people will live beside us or weather just like a class divide on the trains in England's past they will be mere peasants in the back carriages.
All sources at hand concur that for those possessed with good that have devoted their lives to mitzvoth the after life will only bring pleasure and the most desirable dreams.
Back to the original question the problem and arguments occur when talking about evil people. During torah times
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Judaism (view all)
- Critically evaluate the claim that all religious doctrines a...
- Describe the origins of two modern Jewish groups and explain...
- Explain why Jews may observe the Sabbath in different ways
- Has Hasidism has been essential to the continuation of Judai...
- What is Shabbat
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.