- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Outline the key elements in Paul’s theology of the cross of Jesus, making careful reference to the text of his letters.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Outline the key elements in Paul's theology of the cross of Jesus, making careful reference to the text of his letters.
Paul was one of the earliest and most influential Christian theologians, therefore it is very important that readers of the Bible scrutinize the words and implications of his writings if they wish to grasp a clear understanding of the key elements of his theology. Paul's writings and letters make up a significant part of the New Testament, providing plenty of evidence from which to gain insights. Despite the fact that academics continue to argue over whether or not a valid understanding of Paul's theology can be gained from what is essentially a collection of letters crafted for specific situations, through a close reading of the texts the most important and significant elements of his theology cannot fail to be noticed.
It is evident from Paul's writings that he believes the cross of Jesus to be of integral importance to the Christian message he preaches. On one hand the cross acts as a symbol with which to inspire and teach the new followers of Christianity, and on the other hand, as an essential element in the fulfilment of Jesus'
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Christianity (view all)
- Study of lukes gospel
- "What are the main aims and messages of feminist theolo...
- A2 Religious Std Authorship of the Fourth Gospel
- Examine and Consider critically the view of Scholars concern...
- Explain the work of one religious agency working for world d...
- Critically assess the view that sin always has serious conse...
- Examine the main differences between Matthews and Lukes acco...
- To what extent did Jesus intend to replace the Torah?
- Jesus Did Not Intend For His Parables To Be Easily Understoo...
- Explain what is meant in the Bible by the phrase God is go...
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.