- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
Prophet Muhammad (s) was born in 570 CE in Makkah. His father, Abdullah, died several weeks before his birth in Yathrib. His father, Abdullah, died several weeks before his birth in Yathrib . he was born and raised as a young boy in Medinah before his uncle Muttalib brought him to Makkah to succeed him
Under the guardianship of Abu Talib, Muhammad (s) began to earn a living as a businessman and a trader. At the age of twelve, he accompanied Abu Talib with a merchant caravan as far as Bostra in Syria. Muhammad was popularly known as 'al-Ameen' for his unimpeachable character by the Makkans and visitors alike. The title Al-Ameen means the Honest, the Reliable and the Trustworthy, and it signified the highest standard of moral and public life.
Upon hearing of Muhammad's impressive credentials, Khadijah, a rich merchant widow, asked Muhammad (s) to take some merchandise for trade to Syria. Soon after this trip when he was twenty-five, Khadijah proposed marriage to Muhammad through a relative. Muhammad accepted the proposal. At that time, Khadijah was twice widowed and forty years old. Khadijah (ra) and Muhammad (s) were the parents of six children - four daughters
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Islam (view all)
- Explain the role of religious leaders as a source of authori...
- Life after death - Islam and Christianity
- sufism is the heart of islam
- Ramadan is the ninth month of the Islamic calendar
- Muslim views on wealth and poverty
- Muslims believe that the Quran is different from all other b...
- Believing in angels is the least important of the articles o...
- Islamic Faith and Culture - the problems Islam faces with th...
- Examine the challenges facing the Muslim community when it s...
- Cause and Effects of the Stoning in Islam. Islam is by far ...
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student