- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
TQM (total quality management).
The first 200 words of this essay...
Traditionally organizations have adopted the objective of maximizing profit for the business itself and for the welfare of the business only. In the new generation managers of organizations (whether it is a corner store or a large multinational corporation), they are expected to maximize profit and at the same time act as 'good' corporate citizens for the welfare of society. Society expects managers to adopt the concept of TQM (total quality management.)
Due to this change from traditional management responsibility to modern manager's responsibilities, ethical factors and social responsibility have become important aspects of managing an organization.
Ethics outlines the standards of an organization of what is morally 'good' or 'bad'. The ethical dilemmas with in an organization can create concerns among employers and employees as it conflicts with their individual personal beliefs.
This raises the issue of whistle blowing, which is when "individuals report unethical practices by their employer to outsiders".
The reason for whistle blowing is that the whistle blower believes that unethical practices are being performed and he or she is willing to preserve the ethical standards in our society.
Whistle blowing may seem ethical
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Practical Questions (view all)
- Examine and comment on the view that the principle of the sa...
- For what reasons may situation ethics be regarded as a usefu...
- RE euthanasia for and against
- Some ethical theories are of more help than others when maki...
- Explain Anselm ontological argument
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.