- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Biology SNAB Core Practical - Gram Staining Bacteria
The first 200 words of this essay...
Core Practical - Gram Staining Bacteria
When a bacterial infection is diagnosed antibiotics may be
prescribed. Different antibiotics are not equally effective
against all bacteria, so the correct antibiotic must be selected
for a particular bacterial infection. In some cases the most
effective antibiotic is known, but in other cases tests need to
be carried out by a pathology department. In this activity I
will be testing the effectiveness of several types of antibiotics
The aim of the experiment is to test the effectiveness of different types of antibiotic on bacteria. The bacteria that we will be using will be Escherichia Coli and Bacillus Subtilis. I predict that the antibiotics will be more effective on B. Subtilis.
The Independent variable in this investigation is the presence of the different types of antibiotics. This will be changed by using a mast ring which has all the different types of antibiotics around it. The Dependant variable in this investigation is the zone of inhibition around the disc. This will be measured by measuring the zone around the disc, using a ruler, after the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Molecules & Cells (view all)
- To investigate how temperature affects the concentration of ...
- An investigation into the effect of substrate concentration ...
- Cellular Structure amd Function
- A Level Biology revision notes
- The similarities and difference between cardiac muscle tissu...
- How organelles work together
- Modern solutions for Mesothelioma An Issue report
- Describe how the Organelles in the Beta Cells Work Together ...
- Vaccination and the components of the immune system
- Research project. Type 1 diabetes, is there a solution?
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.