- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Chlamydia is the most commonly reported STD in the United States today.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Biology I Honors
13 May 2012
Chlamydia has grown to become a very harmful STD over the span of its lifetime. Chlamydia is the most commonly reported STD in the United States today. It is also extremely recommended for sexually active women to be screened for Chlamydia every year. Although Chlamydia is easily curable, if left untreated, Chlamydia can impact a women's ability to have children. There are an approximately 2.8 million new cases of Chlamydia in the United States each year. What is shocking is that in 2008, only 1,210,523 cases of Chlamydia infections were reported to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention which leaves the rest untreated.
The only way to conceive such infection is through oral, vaginal, or anal sexual contact with an infected partner. Chlamydia bacteria can live in vaginal fluid and semen. The reason that there are so many cases left unreported is that about 70 percent of chlamydial infections have no symptoms what so ever, thereby naming it the "silent" disease. If you do happen to be infected, symptoms will usually appear in 1 to 3 weeks. Some symptoms
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Genetics, Evolution & Biodiversity (view all)
- MENTAL HEALTH
- Biology Report - Effect of Environment on Phenotype
- The moral and ethical issues associated with recombinant DNA...
- 'Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of the use of gene...
- Parkinsons Disease
- Genetically Modified Foods Research.
- Alzheimer's Disease Report
- The incurable nature of Huntington's disease and current tre...
- In this essay the researcher will discuss the impact of Mult...
- Biology Issue Report on GM Foods
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.