- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Copper Young's modulus
The first 200 words of this essay...
Measuring Young's modulus of copper
To study the stress/strain behavior of copper wire and estimate the Young's modulus of copper
Copper wire s.w.g.32 about 4 m
Wooden block ?2
Metre rule ?4
Pulley on clamp ?1
Micrometer screw gauge ?1
Hanger (0.01 kg) ?1
Slotted mass (0.05 kg) ?8
Slotted mass (0.1 kg) ?6
Slotted mass (0.2 kg) ?4
Slotted mass (0.5 kg) ?1
White label sticker ?1
Safety goggles ?1
Rubber tile ?1
When a force F is applied to the end of a wire with cross-sectional area A along its length, the tensile stress =
If the extension of the wire is ?l, and its original length is lo, the tensile strain =
Under elastic conditions, a modulus of elasticity of a wire, called the Young modulus E, is defined as the ratio of the tensile stress applied to a body to the tensile strain produced. where E is expressed in N m-2 or Pascal (Pa).
E is a constant when ?l
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Mechanics & Radioactivity (view all)
- Investigating the strength of a Supermarkets plastic bag.
- Young Modulus case study
- Explain how excessive exposure to radiation can cause harm.
- The Physics of Windsurfing
- Task- To make a model sycamore seed that can fly easily and ...
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo