- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Cycles in Biology.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Cycles in Biology
A cycle is an interval during which a recurring sequence of events occurs. Cycles are a hugely relevant component of biology. Practically everything has to be recycled as every resource, to some extent, is a non-renewable resource. There are cycles in all aspects of biology that can be explored.
Life-materials are the basic particles of Earth, called elements, that all living organisms build their bodies from. They are sometimes called "bio-elements." All living organisms are made primarily of six elements, all in the same proportion: Carbon, Hydrogen, Nitrogen, Oxygen, Phosphorus and Sulphur. Most organisms require small, often tiny, amounts of additional such as iron, copper and iodine. Most plants require a total of twenty-three different nutrients to flourish.
Essential nutrients are limited. We use them for energy to power our bodies (food for metabolism) and as materials to build and renew our bodies. We renew or rebuild our bodies over and over, every day. Nutrients are all recycled so organisms can share them over time. This sharing process is called the Nutrient Cycle. These nutrients have been shared over and over for billions of years. Every organism alive on earth is made of nutrients
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Energy, Respiration & the Environment (view all)
- Describe the concept of homeostasis and the homeostatic mech...
- Measurments of boby temperature, heart rate and breathing ra...
- effect of temperature on the rate of respiration in yeast
- Describe the role of energy in the body and the physiology o...
- Investigate the effect of changing the sugar concentration o...
- African Trypanosomiasis aka African Sleeping Sickness
- The Effect of Caffeine on Daphnia Heart Rate
- Translocation is the method to alleviate the overbreeding pr...
- Malaria Issue Report
- What Is The Effect Of Caffeine Of The Heart Rate Of Daphnia?...
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.