- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Effect of temperature on the enzyme pectinase in fruit juice production.
- Essay length: 3978 words
- Submitted: 28/11/2003
The first 200 words of this essay...
Effect of temperature on the enzyme pectinase in fruit juice production
AIM: To investigate the effect of temperature on the work of the enzyme pectinase in fruit juice production.
It is stated that temperature has an effect on Enzymes. I am going to investigate this fact using my chosen enzyme Pectinase. This enzyme is used in the fruit juice industry and I am going to use this enzyme to explore the question: How Does Temperature Affect Enzymes?
Enzymes are biological catalysts that speed up the rate of a reaction without being changed or used up in any way. They are protein molecules that are tailored to recognize and bind specific reactants and speed their conversion into products. These proteins are responsible for increasing the rates of all of the many thousand of reaction taking place inside cells.
Activation energy is the energy barrier over which the molecules in a system must be raised for a reaction to take place. The use of enzymes lowers the activation energy so the reaction can proceed at a faster rate.
( GRAPH TAKEN FROM REFERENCE 7)
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Molecules & Cells (view all)
- Digestive system
- mitosis coursework
- The digestive system
- Stem cells: how is stem cell research carried out, and its b...
- Diabetes: Treatment (Present and Future)
- How organelles work together
- Modern solutions for Mesothelioma An Issue report
- Describe how the Organelles in the Beta Cells Work Together ...
- Vaccination and the components of the immune system
- Research project. Type 1 diabetes, is there a solution?
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.