- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
Aim and hypotheses
According to Fleming's Rule, electricity is generated when movement occurs in the magnetic field. Alternatively, switching direction of the magnetic field also works. Alternating current is a good way of alternating the field direction. The electricity generated, of in the other words, the electromotive force, is measured in volts. By varying different parts of the apparatus, the EMF output could also vary. The aim of this investigation is to establish a connection between the factors and the output.
Possible factors that could be altered in a general apparatus are:
* Frequency of field alternation
* No of coil of wire in the magnetic field
* Strength of magnetic field, varied by
* - size of electromagnet
* - current used to establish and maintain the magnetism of the electromagnet
* - no of coil used to magnetize the electromagnet
* Moving the wire in the magnetic field
A preliminary experiment, with the same apparatus used, is done earlier on and some useful information was acquired from it.
As it was mentioned that alter the direction of the field generates electricity, and
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Fields & Forces (view all)
- Determinating of acceleration due to gravity by timing a sim...
- About Hurling.
- charging a capacitor at a constant rate(C08)
- We have been given six equations, and have been asked to inv...
- Physics Investigation Aim: To investigate the variables whic...
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.