- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
In this experiment, the purpose is to investigate how enzyme concentration can affect the initial rate of reaction. By doing this I will be able to develop experimental and investigate skills, including risk assessment.
The effect of reducing the concentration of the protease enzyme on the rate of breakdown of the protein found in the milk powder is that the enzymes will run out of energy which will mean less milk powder will be broken down as they have smaller energy over the time.
* Milk powder solution
* Test tubes
* Test tube holder
* Stop clock
* Standard protease solution 1%
* 5cm? pipettes
* Glassware for diluting enzymes
All enzymes are potential allergens. Handle with care to minimize skin contact and inhalation. Also wear safety gear such as goggles and aprons.
* Pour 2cm? of protein solution into a cuvette using a pipette.
* Then pour 2cm? of the protease solution in to a cuvette using another pipette. Mix carefully and quickly put into the colorimeter
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Exchange, Transport & Reproduction (view all)
- Describe the molecular structure of starch (amylase), glycog...
- The formation of urine.
- Adaptations of Small Intestine for Absorption
- Fundamental human anatomy and physiology.
- Affect Of Varying Salt Concentration on Red Blood Cell Haemo...
- Transpiration in Leaves Experiment
- The Process of Osmosis and its Importance to Living Organism...
- Hypothesis: To investigate the effect of different concentra...
- Excretion and the functioning of the kidneys
- Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.