- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Experiment To Investigate the Plasmolysis Rate and Concentration of Sucrose Solution In the Onion Cell
The first 200 words of this essay...
Experiment to investigate the plasmolysis rate and concentration of sucrose solution in the onion cell
Neena Kim SFC1A
Date of the experiment : 1st September 2001
In the onion cell, there is cell sap which has a certain concentration of materials. Depending the concentration of the outside of the cell, the cell can be plasmolysed at the different rate by osmosis.
The cells will be plasmolysed more as the concentration increases. And incipient plasmolysis is the point when 50% of the cells are plasmolysed.
Around 0.35M point, the rate of plasmolysis is the greatest.
6 petri dishes
6 test tubes
test tube rack
six 10cm graduated pipettes
1M sucrose solution
slide and cover slips
% of plasmolysed cells in the onion
concentration of sucrose solution
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Molecules & Cells (view all)
- Cellular Structure and Function
- Measurement of protein solutions concentrations by biuret pr...
- Relating the structure and function of cell organelles
- An issue report investigating Malaria, how it is affecting o...
- Investigating respiration of maggots
- Colorimetry Experiment - I will investigate and observe the ...
- Experiment Aim: To investigate the effects of placing onion ...
- Influenza is a viral infection which attacks the respiratory...
- How the protein insulin is made.
- This essay will look at different types of human tissues and...
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.