- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Find The Internal Resistance Of A Power Supply
- Essay length: 6033 words
- Submitted: 18/03/2005
The first 200 words of this essay...
Coursework To Find The Internal Resistance Of A Power Supply
The electrical supply on satellites needs to be kept at a constant voltage and the lost volts need to be taken into account when drawing different currents.
The aim of this investigation is to find the internal resistance of a power supply and to see if this value changes at five different voltage settings. Using a variable resistor to vary the load resistance at different voltage settings and obtaining both ampere and voltage readings and then plotting graphs of terminal potential difference against current to find the different values for the internal resistance of the power supply.
We can investigate the internal resistance of a power supply by setting up a circuit such as the one shown in figure 1. The voltmeter is connected in parallel to measure the potential difference across the power supply and the ammeter is connected in series to measure the flow of current.
We would connect the voltmeter across the terminals of the power supply. The variable resistor is used to vary the load resistance to gain a series of values for current and corresponding voltmeter readings.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Electrical & Thermal Physics (view all)
- Relationship between the current and voltage.
- Investigating the relationship between pressure, volume and ...
- Internal resistance investigation - I will conduct the follo...
- To investigate the relationship between current and potentia...
- Coulombs Lab Report
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.