- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
For this investigation I am going to investigate the effect of the concentration of an enzyme, in this case amylase, on the time taken for the enzyme to fully breakdown the substrate, which in this case is starch.
The first 200 words of this essay...
For this investigation I am going to investigate the effect of the concentration of an enzyme, in this case amylase, on the time taken for the enzyme to fully breakdown the substrate, which in this case is starch. The reason why these two substances have to be used is because each enzyme is designed specifically to break down only one substrate as each enzyme is made of a protein that causes it to be a specific shape, in this case the enzyme amylase can only break down starch to dextrin. I am going to do this by planning an experiment, carrying out the experiment, recording any relevant results and plotting graphs from which I will be able, to gain a strong conclusion. I will finally evaluate the whole investigation.
Before the experiments start we will be given a bottle containing a 1% suspension of starch and another bottle containing a 1% solution of the enzyme amylase. From these bottles I will be able to take out as much of either solution as I wish. I cannot start the experiment until I know which factors I am going to change and which I am going to keep
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Molecules & Cells (view all)
- To investigate how temperature affects the concentration of ...
- Cellular Structure amd Function
- Investigation of respiration in yeast, to show the effect of...
- Investigating the Effect of Temperature on Enzyme Activity
- An Experiment To Investigate The Effect Of Temperature on Th...
- How organelles work together
- Modern solutions for Mesothelioma An Issue report
- Describe how the Organelles in the Beta Cells Work Together ...
- Vaccination and the components of the immune system
- Research project. Type 1 diabetes, is there a solution?
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.