- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
For this investigation I am going to investigate the effect of the concentration of an enzyme, in this case amylase, on the time taken for the enzyme to fully breakdown the substrate, which in this case is starch.
The first 200 words of this essay...
For this investigation I am going to investigate the effect of the concentration of an enzyme, in this case amylase, on the time taken for the enzyme to fully breakdown the substrate, which in this case is starch. The reason why these two substances have to be used is because each enzyme is designed specifically to break down only one substrate as each enzyme is made of a protein that causes it to be a specific shape, in this case the enzyme amylase can only break down starch to dextrin. I am going to do this by planning an experiment, carrying out the experiment, recording any relevant results and plotting graphs from which I will be able, to gain a strong conclusion. I will finally evaluate the whole investigation.
Before the experiments start we will be given a bottle containing a 1% suspension of starch and another bottle containing a 1% solution of the enzyme amylase. From these bottles I will be able to take out as much of either solution as I wish. I cannot start the experiment until I know which factors I am going to change and which I am going to
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Molecules & Cells (view all)
- Cellular Structure and Function
- Measurement of protein solutions concentrations by biuret pr...
- How can we control the infection rates of MRSA in hospitals?...
- The digestive system
- Investigating Catalase Activity in Different Plant Tissues.
- Colorimetry Experiment - I will investigate and observe the ...
- Experiment Aim: To investigate the effects of placing onion ...
- Influenza is a viral infection which attacks the respiratory...
- How the protein insulin is made.
- This essay will look at different types of human tissues and...
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.