- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
For this investigation I am going to investigate the effect of the concentration of an enzyme, in this case amylase, on the time taken for the enzyme to fully breakdown the substrate, which in this case is starch.
The first 200 words of this essay...
For this investigation I am going to investigate the effect of the concentration of an enzyme, in this case amylase, on the time taken for the enzyme to fully breakdown the substrate, which in this case is starch. The reason why these two substances have to be used is because each enzyme is designed specifically to break down only one substrate as each enzyme is made of a protein that causes it to be a specific shape, in this case the enzyme amylase can only break down starch to dextrin. I am going to do this by planning an experiment, carrying out the experiment, recording any relevant results and plotting graphs from which I will be able, to gain a strong conclusion. I will finally evaluate the whole investigation.
Before the experiments start we will be given a bottle containing a 1% suspension of starch and another bottle containing a 1% solution of the enzyme amylase. From these bottles I will be able to take out as much of either solution as I wish. I cannot start the experiment until I know which factors I am going to change and which I am going to
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Molecules & Cells (view all)
- Measurement of protein solutions concentrations by biuret pr...
- Cellular Structure and Function
- Investigating the effect of temperature on the breakdown of ...
- Outline the structure of the main tissues of the body.
- Find out if enzymes work faster or slower at different tempe...
- Is using stem cells to grow new eggs an effective alternativ...
- How organelles work together
- Modern solutions for Mesothelioma An Issue report
- Describe how the Organelles in the Beta Cells Work Together ...
- Vaccination and the components of the immune system
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.