- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Function of the Golgi Body.
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Biology and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Function of the Golgi Body P1
The golgi body, also known as golgi apparatus or golgi complex. It is a network of stacked sacs found within nucleated cells. The golgi body stores, packages and distributes the proteins and lipids made in the endoplasmic reticulum.
Proteins, which are meant to return to the endoplasmic reticulum, carry a distinctive tag. The golgi apparatus recognises the tag and transports the proteins back to the endoplasmic reticulum. However some proteins and lipids are sent to the surface of the cell to be released into the external environment.
Structure and Function of Epithelial Tissues P2
The epithelial tissue is the layer of cells covering the outside of organs and the skin. These types of cells are firmly attached to each other and rest on a basement membrane, they also have a free surface.
There are many different types of epithelial tissue all depending on how many layers and the shape of the individual cells.
1. Simple Epithelium - has only one layer of cells. It can either be :
* Squamous - which are thin and flat. (1)
* Cuboidal - these
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Exchange, Transport & Reproduction (view all)
- Control of the internal environment of mammals
- Osmosis In Potato Cells
- Compare and Contrast the Transport System of a Mammal and a ...
- To investigate the effect of trampling on the frequency of c...
- Investigate what concentration of sucrose solution is isoton...
- Transpiration in Leaves Experiment
- The Process of Osmosis and its Importance to Living Organism...
- Hypothesis: To investigate the effect of different concentra...
- Excretion and the functioning of the kidneys
- Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.