- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Genetic Engineering – Friend or Foe?
The first 200 words of this essay...
Genetic Engineering - Friend or Foe?
Genetic Engineering is a technology in which the gene can be altered and transferred from one organism and inserting it to another organism. When these genetically engineered organisms are cultured, they produce human protein. The proper terminology for Genetic Engineering is 'Recombinant DNA technology'.
To some people Genetic Engineering is a mean of solving the global problems of disease and to increase plant and animal productivity to supply food for an overpopulated world. Other people worry that this technology can open a door of dangers far greater than the problem they are trying to solve. "Like natural DNA, it becomes liable to random mutation, so that its future behavior could be dangerously unpredictable". (General Studies (GS) book by Victor Watton)
Genetic engineering poses unprecedented ethical, moral, and social concern, as well as serious challenges to the environment, human health, animal welfare, and the future of agriculture. In this essay we will be looking at some of the advantages and the benefit that Genetic engineering brings to us and the disadvantage and the effect that it have. At the end of this essay there will be a conclusion to
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Genetics, Evolution & Biodiversity (view all)
- Compare the Similarities and Differences between Meiosis and...
- Meiosis. Before meiosis can happen, the DNA Must replicate,...
- MENTAL HEALTH
- The Human Genome Project
- Discuss human chromosome and try to explain their structure ...
- Genetically Modified Foods Research.
- Alzheimer's Disease Report
- The incurable nature of Huntington's disease and current tre...
- In this essay the researcher will discuss the impact of Mult...
- Biology Issue Report on GM Foods
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.