- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Global climate change. Greenhouses gasses that warm the earths surface are water vapor, carbon dioxide, and methane. When light from the sun reaches earth, it is reflected back into the earths atmosphere as infrared radiation.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Bio 1 T/TH
October 26, 2009
Global Climate Change
According to an article by the British Broadcast Corporation (BBC), the United States emits more greenhouses gases per person then any country in the world. Although greenhouse gases occur naturally in the earth's atmosphere, humans have rapidly increased the amount of carbon dioxide (CO2) in it. All the excess carbon dioxide has caused a gradual increase of the earth's temperature, which we call global warming. Scientists believe global warming is most likely caused by human. Although many people think global warming is not real, I believe global warming is the most important issue facing the world. The burning of fossil fuels and deforestation are the main causes for global warming. The effects of these could have a devastating effect on earth. Effects like the spread of disease, drought, extreme weather patterns, and even the extinction of animals. There are many changes we can make to combat global warming like using alternative fuel sources like nuclear, solar, and hydrogen.
Greenhouses gasses that warm the earth's surface are water vapor, carbon dioxide, and methane. When light from the sun reaches earth,
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Energy, Respiration & the Environment (view all)
- Describe the concept of homeostasis and the homeostatic mech...
- Measurments of boby temperature, heart rate and breathing ra...
- Describe the role of energy in the body and the physiology o...
- Produce a summary of energy inputs and outputs for both anae...
- How is ATP produced and used in living organisms?
- African Trypanosomiasis aka African Sleeping Sickness
- The Effect of Caffeine on Daphnia Heart Rate
- Translocation is the method to alleviate the overbreeding pr...
- Malaria Issue Report
- What Is The Effect Of Caffeine Of The Heart Rate Of Daphnia?...
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.