- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
How does temperature affect the permiability of cell memmbrane?
The first 200 words of this essay...
I am going to find out "How the temperature affects the permeability of the cell membrane?". To investigate what would happen to the beetroot as the temperature is being increased.
I think when the temperature is at its normal limit the water around the beetroot would be clear. But as the temperature is increased the protein get's denatured; bye which means it's will change its shape. Allowing the pigments of the beetroot to move from inside to the outside of the cell. This would result in the absorbance of the colour to increase. Therefore the water where the beetroots are kept in would turn reddish(caused bye the red pigments of the beetroot). The higher the temperature the darker the colour absorbed.
* Raw Beetroot
* Size 4 cork borer
* White tile
* Plastic beaker about 250 cm
* 2 boiling test tube tracks
* 9 boiling tubes
* Thermometer (one per water bath)
* Stop clock
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Molecules & Cells (view all)
- Cellular organelles Structure and Function
- effect of concentration of copper sulphate on the action of ...
- Cellular Structure and Function
- How does the concentration of enzymes affect the breakdown o...
- The Structure of Bacteria.
- Is using stem cells to grow new eggs an effective alternativ...
- How organelles work together
- Modern solutions for Mesothelioma An Issue report
- Describe how the Organelles in the Beta Cells Work Together ...
- Vaccination and the components of the immune system
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.