- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
In this investigation, I will be looking at the resistance of a solution, and the different things which affect it. In this experiment, I have chosen one variable, the salt concentration.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Investigating the resistance of a solution
In this investigation, I will be looking at the resistance of a solution, and the different things which affect it. In this experiment, I have chosen one variable, the salt concentration. I have chosen the following variables for the concentration: in a beaker of 50ml (cm ) : 0 grams, 1,2,3,4 and 5 grams. Using the circuit shown below, I will find out the resistance of the salt solution. I will keep the following variables the same: I will keep the temperature at room temperature, by not changing the room temperature at all, by keeping windows shut, and not adjusting the radiators during the experiment. I will monitor the temperature, and make a note, just incase it changes. I will monitor the temperature using a thermometer, which will be placed into the beaker during each experiment. I will keep the voltage at 5V and 50cm of solution, to keep it a fair test. The circuit will include a power pack, an ammeter, a voltmeter, two iron rods, a beaker, wires with crocodile clips and a measuring tube. I will repeat each experient once, so that I can find out an average,
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Electrical & Thermal Physics (view all)
- Internal Resistance of a cell
- To determine the internal resistance of a dry cell using an ...
- Experiment to find the specific heat capacity of an aluminiu...
- The aim of this investigation is to study capacitors chargin...
- Measurement of the resistivity of Nichrome
- Physics Case Study Solar Electric Panels
- Geothermal energy is not easily accessible with our current ...
- The objectives of this experiment are to Verify Kirchhoffs l...
- Electricity generation from renewable and non-renewable sour...
- Electrical Energy Questions and Answers
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.