- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Investigate the action of the enzyme amylase on the breakdown of starch.
The first 200 words of this essay...
* Move bags out the way and ensure there is nothing else on the floor-so that you will not trip over.
* Wear lab coats-so that you will be protected from any spillages of chemicals and other liquids.
* Collect all equipment safely-So nothing gets dropped and smashed like test tubes.
* Be aware of others-So that you don't bump into anyone especially if they carrying anything that might break or chemicals that might be spilt.
* Mercury and spillage kit
* Glass disposal-so that anything glass that is broken is placed in there and not in normal bins.
I will be investigating the action of the enzyme amylase on the breakdown of starch. I will know when starch is present because adding iodine to any starch product will automatically change it to a blue/black colour. To show that amylase will break down starch, it will not change colour when iodine is added, this means that starch is now turned into glucose molecules. Enzymes are proteins that act as catalysts. They break down big molecules like starch into small molecules like glucose so that they
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Molecules & Cells (view all)
- Cellular Structure and Function
- Measurement of protein solutions concentrations by biuret pr...
- Investigating the effect of temperature on the breakdown of ...
- Factors effecting enzyme activity
- Outline the structure of the main tissues of the body.
- Is using stem cells to grow new eggs an effective alternativ...
- How organelles work together
- Modern solutions for Mesothelioma An Issue report
- Describe how the Organelles in the Beta Cells Work Together ...
- Vaccination and the components of the immune system
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.