- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Investigate the action of the enzyme amylase on the breakdown of starch.
The first 200 words of this essay...
* Move bags out the way and ensure there is nothing else on the floor-so that you will not trip over.
* Wear lab coats-so that you will be protected from any spillages of chemicals and other liquids.
* Collect all equipment safely-So nothing gets dropped and smashed like test tubes.
* Be aware of others-So that you don't bump into anyone especially if they carrying anything that might break or chemicals that might be spilt.
* Mercury and spillage kit
* Glass disposal-so that anything glass that is broken is placed in there and not in normal bins.
I will be investigating the action of the enzyme amylase on the breakdown of starch. I will know when starch is present because adding iodine to any starch product will automatically change it to a blue/black colour. To show that amylase will break down starch, it will not change colour when iodine is added, this means that starch is now turned into glucose molecules. Enzymes are proteins that act as catalysts. They break down big molecules like starch into small molecules like glucose so that they
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Molecules & Cells (view all)
- How does the concentration of enzymes affect the breakdown o...
- Cellular Structure and Function
- Cellular organelles Structure and Function
- Proteins have many functions in the human body and these inc...
- Catalyse Investigation
- Is using stem cells to grow new eggs an effective alternativ...
- How organelles work together
- Modern solutions for Mesothelioma An Issue report
- Describe how the Organelles in the Beta Cells Work Together ...
- Vaccination and the components of the immune system
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.