- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Investigate what concentration of sucrose solution is isotonic to potato cell sap.
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Biology and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Biology Coursework - Osmosis - To Investigate concentration of sucrose solution is isotonic to potato cell sap.
Biology Coursework - Osmosis
Aim: To investigate what concentration of sucrose solution is isotonic to potato cell sap.
Apparatus:0M sucrose (aq) (distilled water)
2M sucrose (aq)
Measuring cylinder (25cm3)
Vernier callipers (to nearest 0.1mm)
Balance (to nearest 0.01gram)
Safety: I will ensure safety around the lab by: wearing safety goggles, laying paper towels, removing baggage from walking space, push stools under the bench, stand up, walk carefully and slowly - don't rush and handle equipment and apparatus carefully.
Preliminary Experiment: I did a small experiment before doing the real one so I could find a suitable range to base my investigation round. I used 3 chips in 3 boiling tubes, each containing 20cm3 of: 0M sucrose, 0.5M sucrose and 1M sucrose. studentcentral.co.uk
Moles of Sucrose /M
Original Mass /g
Mass after 3 hours /g
Up/Down in mass wwfb fbw stfbfbud efb fbnt cfb enfbtral fbcofb uk.
8.02 wwcb cbw stcbcbud ecb cbnt ccb encbtral
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Exchange, Transport & Reproduction (view all)
- The Effect Of Temperature On The Permeability Of The Cell Me...
- Blood structure and function in the body.
- Describe the molecular structure of starch (amylase), glycog...
- Experiment to find the effect of different concentrations of...
- The Role of Carbohydrates in Living Organisms
- Describe the Structures of the Human Respiratory System
- Transpiration in Leaves Experiment
- The Process of Osmosis and its Importance to Living Organism...
- Hypothesis: To investigate the effect of different concentra...
- Excretion and the functioning of the kidneys
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student