- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Investigate what concentration of sucrose solution is isotonic to potato cell sap.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Biology Coursework - Osmosis - To Investigate concentration of sucrose solution is isotonic to potato cell sap.
Biology Coursework - Osmosis
Aim: To investigate what concentration of sucrose solution is isotonic to potato cell sap.
Apparatus:0M sucrose (aq) (distilled water)
2M sucrose (aq)
Measuring cylinder (25cm3)
Vernier callipers (to nearest 0.1mm)
Balance (to nearest 0.01gram)
Safety: I will ensure safety around the lab by: wearing safety goggles, laying paper towels, removing baggage from walking space, push stools under the bench, stand up, walk carefully and slowly - don't rush and handle equipment and apparatus carefully.
Preliminary Experiment: I did a small experiment before doing the real one so I could find a suitable range to base my investigation round. I used 3 chips in 3 boiling tubes, each containing 20cm3 of: 0M sucrose, 0.5M sucrose and 1M sucrose. studentcentral.co.uk
Moles of Sucrose /M
Original Mass /g
Mass after 3 hours /g
Up/Down in mass wwfb fbw stfbfbud efb fbnt cfb enfbtral fbcofb uk.
8.02 wwcb cbw stcbcbud ecb cbnt ccb encbtral
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Exchange, Transport & Reproduction (view all)
- The Effect Of Temperature On The Permeability Of The Cell Me...
- Blood structure and function in the body.
- Describe the molecular structure of starch (amylase), glycog...
- Aim: To test for reducing sugars using glucose, sucrose and ...
- This is an experiment to find out what factors affect osmosi...
- Describe the Structures of the Human Respiratory System
- Transpiration in Leaves Experiment
- The Process of Osmosis and its Importance to Living Organism...
- Hypothesis: To investigate the effect of different concentra...
- Excretion and the functioning of the kidneys
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.