- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Investigating the effect of temperature On the action of Amylase on Starch.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Name: Samerah Saeed Candidate No. 4214
Form: 10N Centre No. 12101
Investigating the effect of temperature
On the action of Amylase on Starch.
We are trying to find out the effect of the temperature on the reaction rate of Amylase and Starch.
An enzyme is a biological catalyst (a chemical that accelerates or speeds up a chemical reaction or living process). The enzyme we will be using is called Amylase.
Enzymes breakdown and build up molecules. They are reusable and made up of proteins. The substrate we will be using is starch; enzymes break substrates in to smaller molecules.
All enzymes have an active site. Each active site is unique to the type of substrate it will fit it exactly. Scientists use the key and lock idea to demonstrate the exact binding of a substrate to the active site of an enzyme. The substrate must fit the enzyme exact for an action to take place.
There are two factors that affect the rate of reaction. These are pH
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Molecules & Cells (view all)
- effect of concentration of copper sulphate on the action of ...
- Sickle cell disease
- All flesh is grass.
- Cellular Structure amd Function
- Describe the difference between prokaryotic and eukaryotic c...
- How organelles work together
- Modern solutions for Mesothelioma An Issue report
- Describe how the Organelles in the Beta Cells Work Together ...
- Vaccination and the components of the immune system
- Research project. Type 1 diabetes, is there a solution?
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student