- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Measuring The Resistivity Of A Pencil Lead.
The first 200 words of this essay...
PHYSICS COURSEWORK 16TH JANUARY 2003
Measuring The Resistivity Of A Pencil Lead
The resistance of two objects is not always the same due to "resistivity". The resistance of a uniform conductor depends on :
* Its length (L)
* Its cross-sectional area (A)
* The material of which it is made
Therefore, the relationship between these three variables and resistance is as follows:
Where : - R = Resistance
P = Resistivity
L = Length
A = Cross-sectional Area
Resistivity is defined as a materials opposition to the flow of electric current of a cubic metre of a material.
To measure the resistivity of pencil lead I will need the following apparatus.......
* 1 x Power Pack (Ranging from 2V - 12V)
* 1 x Voltmeter (Reading up to 20V, giving readings to 0.00 with a ?3% error reading)
* 1 x Ammeter (Reading 20m/10A, giving readings to 0.00 with a ?0.5% error reading)
* 1 x Rheostat
* 1 x Micrometer (with an error reading of ? 0.005mm)
* 1 x Metre rule (with
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Electrical & Thermal Physics (view all)
- Measurement of the resistivity of Nichrome
- Internal Resistance of a cell
- To Investigate How the Resistance of the Light Dependent Res...
- The aim of this investigation is to study capacitors chargin...
- Study of capacitors in charging And discharging processes 1
- Physics Case Study Solar Electric Panels
- Geothermal energy is not easily accessible with our current ...
- The objectives of this experiment are to Verify Kirchhoffs l...
- Electricity generation from renewable and non-renewable sour...
- Electrical Energy Questions and Answers
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.