- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
microbiology ph and temperature effect on bacterial culture
The first 200 words of this essay...
Aim of this experiment is to investigate the effect of pH and temperature on bacteria growth.
Apparatus: 4 universal bottles at different pH's, Escherichia coli, micrococcus luteus, pipettes, incubator, 4 test tubes, colorimeter.
Method of pH
Four bottles where used which contained nutrient growth at pH 5, 6, 7, 8. By using aseptic techniques, a pipette is used as each nutrient broth is inoculated with one drop of culture Escherichia coli. After this each of the nutrient broth was incubated at a temperature of 25 degrees for 3 days. After 3 days the contents within each of the bottle are mixed and their contents are transferred into a test tube. At first each pH condition is set to absorbance to zero by using a nutrient broth without any bacterial culture. After this was done the nutrient broth which contained the bacteria is measured to find out it's absorbance by using a colorimeter. This procedure is done with the micrococcus luteus bacteria.
These results are shown in a table below of the effect of growth of bacteria Escherichia coli
Absorbance group 1
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Genetics, Evolution & Biodiversity (view all)
- MENTAL HEALTH
- The Human Genome Project (arguments for and against)
- Biology Report - Effect of Environment on Phenotype
- Nature vs. Nurture - And its affect on intelligence, persona...
- How light intensity affects biodiversity
- Genetically Modified Foods Research.
- Alzheimer's Disease Report
- The incurable nature of Huntington's disease and current tre...
- In this essay the researcher will discuss the impact of Mult...
- Biology Issue Report on GM Foods
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.