- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
osmosis I have chosen to test what effect the concentration of sucrose solution has on the chips.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Biology Coursework - Osmosis
For my Biology coursework I am investigating osmosis. I am doing a practical to find out how osmosis affects one of the variables listed below.
* Concentration of sucrose solution
* Time in solution
* Beginning mass of chip
* Amount of distilled water with the sucrose solution
* Beginning surface area of chip
I have chosen to test what effect the concentration of sucrose solution has on the chips.
* I think that the chips in the test tubes containing more sucrose solution than distilled water will increase in temperature.
* I think that the chips in the test tubes containing less sucrose solution than distilled water will decrease in mass.
* I think that the chips in the test tubes containing equal amount of sucrose solution and distilled water will stay roughly the same mass.
I think the graph of the results will turn out like the sketch I have drawn below.
Osmosis is the passage of water molecules from a region of high water
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Exchange, Transport & Reproduction (view all)
- The Digestive System.
- Describe the molecular structure of starch (amylase), glycog...
- AN ACCOUNT OF NITROGENOUS EXCRETION IN MAMMALS Excretion is ...
- The Effect Of Temperature On The Permeability Of The Cell Me...
- The formation of urine.
- Describe the Structures of the Human Respiratory System
- Transpiration in Leaves Experiment
- The Process of Osmosis and its Importance to Living Organism...
- Hypothesis: To investigate the effect of different concentra...
- Excretion and the functioning of the kidneys
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.