- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Physics - How Electric Eels Generate and Use Electricity.
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Physics and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Electric Eels - Physics
The animal that is usually known as electric eel is in fact not really an eel but a freshwater species related more to the carp family or catfish family. These unique freshwater predators got their name from the immense electrical charge that they can easily generate to stun or even kill their preys and dissuade predators.
Electric eels can grow tremendously large which usually can reach as high as 8 foot long and weigh a great amount of 45lbs. In addition to this their average life span in the wild can be up to 15 years. Also these eels appearances are rather fascinating as they have such a long body with a flat head with their colour ranging from gray or green whilst having a yellow underbelly. The eels do have gills but also acquire a lot of oxygen from the surface gulping heaps of air to survive. Manufacturing electricity to find prey and stun them in order to feed on they mainly live on small fish and amphibians, as well as small mammals and birds if caught in their waters. If compared to other fish, the electric eels organs such as the heart
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Electrical & Thermal Physics (view all)
- Relationship between the current and voltage.
- Investigating the E.m.f and Internal Resistance of 2 cells o...
- Investigating the factors affecting the size of current flow...
- The objective of this laboratory was to measure the specific...
- Investigate how the resistance changes when the length chang...
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.