- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
physics investigation- stopping distance
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Physics and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
In my investigation I intend to gather enough evidence and explanation to see if and how the mass of a ball will affect its stopping distance.
I will carry out a series of tests starting with changing the mass of the ball then changing height which it's dropped from.
I predict that the mass of a ball will most defiantly affect the distance it takes to stop because as the mass increases, the amount of friction with the surface will increase which will slow down the ball sooner.
I believe if the mass of the ball is doubled the friction with the surface it's on will double and therefore half the distance taken to stop.
For my investigation the equipment I will require is:
* A ramp and stand ( 1 metre long)
* Carpet (2 by 0.5 metres)
* 2 balls of different masses but same size ( ball 1, 2.8g and ball 2, 44.9g)
* 2 metre rules
My setup is pretty simple I will use a ramp with a rule along it and some carpet for
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Mechanics & Radioactivity (view all)
- Experiment to find the acceleration due to gravity using fre...
- Objective To measure the centripetal force for whirling a m...
- Littlebrook Power Station - short report
- According to Newton's first law, an object in motion continu...
- Are mobile phones a health risk?
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.